Buongiorno

bacio-immagine-animata-0053

Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Escapade - 2nd round

Hello my friends if you think that the
traffic is bad in your city, then think again.
Within the few minutes of our arrival, I wanted
to feel the experience of  the smells and sounds
of my previous return to my homeland.
Nothing had really changed, the language
was new to my hears (now everyone speaks
the real italian and not the different dialects),
the sounds of banging, babies crying their heads off,
old people with fear in their eyes, youngsters flabbergasted
by throngs of people going, coming, sitting,
just standing & trying to make some sense of
the madness.  I was told from my young age
to watch my purse and luggage, but I had also
my camera around the neck, sunglasses were a
little to dark and I couldn't see a darn thing,
since I forgot to put on my contact lenses.
Boy this escapade was really going to be like
a challenge to my good senses.
Then what a great music to me heart on the
intercom came this strange voice:
"La Famiglia M.... si presenta al sportello
della sua compagnia aerea..." Now what,
did someone die back home, did we forget
something in the plane, did we loose our wallet
filled with nothing more than green papers in
shape of money!!!
No such thing, it was our taxi driver who was
in a rush to bring us to the hotel so he could
go and have is afternoon nap in one of the thousands
alleys of the city.
He was fairly young, well educated, offering us to
either open our windows for fresh air or he could
put the A/C.  We all had a great smile and we all
answered in unison A/C.  OK OK no comments,
the A/C is very weak but eiiiiii better than having
to open our windows and die of fumes,heat or
curses from other taxi because we did not take them.

That's it for today, until next chapter which will be
very soon.

No comments: