Buongiorno

bacio-immagine-animata-0053

Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Misfits of nature - not true

After reading on Human misfits article (Jean Vanier author)
“They were seen as misfits of nature, not as human beings,” 
he wrote in his 1998 book “Becoming Human.” 
Living in their midst allowed him to
 “recognize and accept my own weaknesses and vulnerability. 
I no longer have to pretend I am strong or clever or better than others.”


I jolted down my own words,

Today having a couple hours to myself
deciding,  should I go out or stay in
and reflect on life.
Life is a strange emotion given us
the instant it's created.
The XX and XY will determine the sex
and thus starts life. Can there be an
anomaly, sure that it does happen.
Was it accepted in other centuries,
maybe yes - maybe no.
Persecutions, violence, maiming,death or just
abandoned was normal throughout the centuries.
Are we more advanced today than 100, 500, 2000
years ago?  some might say yes,
but those persecuted will say no. 
We judge, discreetly or not, but we still judge.
If I'm not good in my skin, I will make
efforts to accept myself, then presenting
myself to the world as I really am.
Do not judge me for what I look like,
but judge me for the courage I had in
showing it to you.....





No comments: