Buongiorno

bacio-immagine-animata-0053

Tuesday, November 6, 2018

The flag

It might be just a translation from an Italian writing
and a little bit early, but please read it and if
you are like this person who has lost someone,
please just go & talk to them, I'm positive that they
can hear our taught and words.

"I can't seem to shake this solitude,
that follows me through taught and sorrow,
days keep following one another and
they do not get brighter.
My despair is visible and unshakable
to the eyes that follow me.
I kept on walking, running, slowing down
praying to find you but to no avail.
My feet took me over rivers and ponds,
mountains and forests, rainy days and
hot days but they remained empty and
shallow.
Were are you,
who is your companion,
are you ok,
do you at times think of me.
I remember autumn was just over,
with trees shaded of their green dresses,
that you eyes met mine who where shinning
like gold diamonds, your lips so softly
touched my wet cheeks, some leaves
were dancing around us, even the sky was
changing color, a light drizzle was falling,
when a detonation  took you away without
leaving me a piece of you.
I can sit here and wait, wait and wait,
but only this tiny flag knows where you and
your beautiful smile is, bur for sure not here with me.
Rest wherever you are, I will be back and with
tell you what I do in trying to find you
every day of my remaining life...

NB: This image is from a local cemetary and
hope not to offend the memory of these young
people.  Should (You) object to see it here, please
let me know & I will take it down.

No comments: