Buongiorno

bacio-immagine-animata-0053

Friday, June 4, 2021

A loss

"There is no greater sorrow
 than to recall happiness in time of misery".... Dante

Dear reader, I just found out that a person
that I had never met in my life lost the 
greatest battle a human has to face. 
Honestly I have never heard of this person
a week before her passing.  
A friend from across the ocean said "You live
in the same province as dear friend and poet and
is at the end of her earth voyage.  I enquired as to
who she was and was directed to her poetry blog,
I did try to e-mail believing she was still at home
and going through chimo therapy so I said why 
not see if a conversation or a few words of encouragement
would have helped her a little.  No answers to my
e-mails, so I just had a taught every once in a while
of her and in my way wishing her a good day.
But after a week I was told that she passed away
just letting life slip through her fingers.  It must have
been so sad for her children not to be able to say
goodbye to their mom, hold her hand and help her
in the last effort to cross that door of no return.

Why did I choose these flowers for her, 
"let's say that for me it's like these flowers
stand tall on a battle ground and re-flourish every year
to remind us of their resilience and beauty 
that play with the wind of life. 



 

No comments: