Buongiorno

bacio-immagine-animata-0053

Monday, September 24, 2018

Admiration

Good evening to all,
recently I noticed that either on tv 
or newspapers there is a certain 
amount of interest in children with
down syndrome.
I was fortunate to work (taking photos)
of a 2 year old child who was born with
this condition.  As a matter of fact my
own niece was like that but for other
issues only lived 8 months. 
These children are extremely intelligent
and do not know the difference between
them and the so called normal human world.
He was funny, he was curious, 
he just learned how to crawl and kept
going so fast that I had a little trouble
keeping up with him and feared for my
camera.
One instant he was happy then he would
stop and look at me as if I was the one
who was stopping him from being a child.
I making faces to make him laugh did not
work too well, but the moment I played his
game of hide and seek he was an angel for
my camera.  He even offered me his meal
of cereals then with one hand he just threw all
in the air as if saying you do not like my food...
I could see the strong personality in him, but
at the same time I could feel the sorrow of his
mother and the hardship that she knew awaited
her.  A young woman who loved that child 
it was evident but the sadness, the tiny specks 
of rage could be seen in her eyes when no one
was looking at her.  I will never tell this young
mother "I'm sorry I know how you feel...", 
it's a lie because I'm not in her situation and I
do not know how she feels deep inside.  
I admire all parents who care and love these
children and wish them all the best that life
can give them all. 
I will not publish a photo since I feel it is not
in me to show this young human without the
permission of the mother.  
Again I admire all of you, mothers & fathers
for affronting this challenge. 


No comments: